Sunday, June 26, 2005

Motivation | Rationale

Design is coming to China. I have seen elsewhere [I'll post the links as I progress into this project]a lot of debate and comment about the importance of becoming aware about the issues of creativity in China. the content often alludes to a certain level of fear about the potentially negative implications for industry and more precicely for design professionals in the west.

It is important to communicate about this and to realise that there are as many opportunities and there are perceived threats.

One of my major frustrations in terms of this particular debate and also more generally the kind of "information" that is disemminated about China is the level of discrepency between what I read and hear and what I have actually experienced, and continue to experience in communications with mainland Chinese people. There is much to be said about this and much to be done to educate the West about what China is and what it is becoming...Maybe some of that work can be done here. It needs to be a cross cultural debate and it needs to be open and non judgemental.

No comments: