Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Irony and the communist state...

Ok, picture this...I've been dilligently adding material to this blog for several days and decide it is time to alert a range of people about it. Of course given that China is a big focus for - and a lot of my network is inside China I contact friends, colleagues and associates there.

Imagine my surprise and then bemusement this mornign to learn that Blogspot is a site that is banned by the Chinese government. I should have realised.

Reality bites...ironic given my positive take on China...

Logical response is to look at alternative means to get my material out and in the long run that will mean developing my own blog interface. A nice learning curve for me :)

It's also a wonderful example of the challenges China presents the unsuspecting foreigner.

No comments: