Thursday, August 18, 2005

Get in the swing again :-)

Ok well I know it's been a few weeks since I have seriously offered any words up. Things are chaotic with family, job and project needs clashing to make life hectic to say the least.

Tonight however I stumbled across this blog and felt it was an appropriate link to post. Danwei is a site I have not seen before but at least at first glance it seems relevant.

The concept of Open Space that was raised on CPH127 is pretty inpiring. Reading some of the comments, most notably these words by Chris Corrigan...

The principles of Open Space are also worth noting:

* Whoever comes are the right people
* Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
* When it starts is the right time
* When it's over, it's over

and the law of two feet: if you find yourself in a situation where you are neither learning or contributing, go somewhere where you can.

It was refreshing and reminded me that I have in fact experienced such "spaces" and found them very conducive to creativity. I feel that at one point while managing the Design Centre I achieved that kind of balanced dynamic environment.

No comments: